Sunday, October 11, 2009

Prairie Mountain

Back on Sept. 23 I was lucky enough to get a day off! My friend Heather and I took Kali & Uma for a little hike up Prairie Mountain... since Tom had already done this hike with me I didn't think he'd mind. I didn't have the GPS so no track or stats, but it took us a few of hours, I think it's about a 300 m elevation gain, but not over much distance. This is the 360 from the top with Moose Mountain on the right just past the cairn.
Kali and Uma had a great time, especially once we got to the top. They're standing next to a fairly sheer drop that they were fascinated by...
... Kali loves staring off over the edge into the mountains (just check out some of the other posts...)
Apparently someone decided that Prairie Mountain reminded them of Nepal and hung some prayer flags out... I made the girls pose with them.
Unfortunately the snow's been flying around here already so the girls will have to wait for next year for more hiking... they're not really cold-weather kind of dogs. Kali always looks like she's on a death march when we take her snow-shoeing... thank goodness for dog parks!

No comments: