Monday, October 16, 2006

GEMSTORM!!

Tom and I went to Gemstorm this weekend!! Unfortunately (kind of) we got a bit carried away when we hit our favourite dealer - Russian Stone. We picked up a couple of trilobites (top 2 pictures). There's a couple of pretty rare ones there - still waiting for them to send the official names. These are composite plates - I think it would be impossible to get these all occurring together naturally... and I'm not sure of their ages. I'll post the trilobite info when I get it from the dealer. The third one down is a couple of Eocene fish from the Green River Formation. The last one is a piece of red coral - i have a necklace made from the stuff so it was kind of neat to get a whole chunk of one.

In other news... Tom and I got married on October 8th... I'll post pictures when I get a few more... and also the promised polar bear shots from Tom's field season on Devon Island this summer. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

gnat said...

that has to be the COOLEST trilobite EVER!